Thursday, February 26, 2009

What I'd say...

Shout out to my man Ray for the title of this post.

So I've thought long and hard about what I should be doing to make this blog a consistent and engaging read, because posting as regularly as I have so far is hardly a recipe for retaining readership.

In thinking, I realized that you're best off blogging about things you're either passionate or knowledgeable about, so I tried to boil down the essence of this blog to a few things that fit that bill for me.

After all that thinking, here's what I feel like I know enough about to write an informed and engaging blog:
  1. Husbanding/Parenthood
  2. My faith journey with and through the local church
  3. teaching
  4. The Green Bay Packers
  5. Canadian politics
So I have a skeleton to work with, idea platforms to jump off from. I'm not saying I'll never blog about anything other than what's on this list, but this list of 5 things will be the virtual meat and potatoes (of, for those who prefer a vegan metaphor, the tofu and eggplant sauce) of this blog.

I hope you tune in as I work to establish rhythm and identity here and chime in with your thoughts. Those comments are fuel to the blogging soul, so fire away.

The stream flows again...

No comments:

Post a Comment